Wirex Becomes World’s First Crypto-Native Platform to Secure Mastercard Principal Membership

Leading payments platform Wirex today announced their partnership with Mastercard, as they become the first cryptocurrency-native platform to secure Mastercard principal membership. The news further solidifies Wirex’s vision to bring cryptocurrency to the mainstream with the support of Mastercard, the renowned global payment technology company, by giving Wirex additional functionality and control.

Principal membership will enable Wirex to issue payment cards directly, offering even more convenience, reduced costs and faster transactions on a platform that is striving to make all currencies equal. The partnership gives Wirex the opportunity to continue improving its cutting-edge services, offering customers the ability to instantly buy, hold, exchange and spend multiple traditional and cryptocurrencies at the best in-market rates, within one platform.

Pavel Matveev, CEO and co-founder of Wirex, discusses how pivotal this move is for Wirex. “Wirex is proud to have become a principal member of Mastercard. It has always been our vision to empower everyone to enjoy the advantages of a world where all currencies are equal, and this membership is a step in the right direction.” Matveev believes this is just the start of a series of exciting announcements for Wirex, “we’ve been working hard to develop a cheaper, faster and safer platform, and we’re excited to announce some revolutionary advancements over the next few months that will change the fintech and crypto spaces forever”.

Edoardo Volta, Head of Fintech, Mastercard UK & Ireland, added “We are excited to be starting this new relationship with Wirex, offering consumers further choice and flexibility in the way they pay. We look forward to supporting Wirex in the delivery and growth of their innovative payment solutions.”

Wirex has been growing rapidly over the past 18 months, with a successful expansion into the vast APAC market, release of their native Wirex Token (WXT), and office openings in Japan, Singapore, Atlanta, Dallas, Toronto and Dublin. Today’s announcement marks the start of a new phase at Wirex that will revolutionise the fintech and cryptocurrency spaces. Later this year, the company plans to launch a next-generation of Wirex card for customers in the EEA region, with game-changing features including additional currencies, free international ATM withdrawals, sky-high limits and next-to-no fees, that will ensure it has a significant advantage over its competitors. Wirex also has plans to start issuing corporate cards for Wirex Business clients in the next few months, which will ensure Wirex continues to innovate in the space and make digital currency more accessible for the mass market.

20 Likes

now that’s a milestone! :partying_face:

4 Likes

How soon will this service go LIVE?

5 Likes

I am really pleased. I’m curious what’s there then, etc. How long do we have to wait for this? Is it fast or will it take a long time? Wirex you are top.
can we still keep the Visa cards when the Mastercard is added?

3 Likes

Market seems happy :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Great news.
Hoping for staking options For multiple coins as well as adding tiers of (metal) cards, just like your biggest rival, crypto com.

3 Likes

Good news! I hope existing Wirex Visa card holders can order a second Mastercard version of the Wirex card!

Will Wirex continue to issue Visa branded cards concurrently with Mastercard? Or will the Visa card phrase out?

1 Like

Not only crypto com (that I think is not so good … ) but also the recently listed sxp Swipe …

Congratulations :grinning:

2 Likes

How about fixing your appealing Customer service resolution times with you partner bank, concentrate in fixing your own house before expanding it

Hi there Chris, I’m very sorry to hear that. Please can you send me your support ticket reference number and I will chase this for you with the support team. In regards to your feedback specifically, I of course will send this over to the relevant department so they are aware that your personal experience hasn’t been satisfactory. Please rest assured, we are very committed to giving all our customers a more efficient, smoother and quicker experience. Not only does your feedback help us do just that, but also so does our news and partnerships. Thank you very much for taking the time to send this over and if you give me your ticket number I will flag this with the team as well.

1 Like

tutto questo sembra meraviglioso , attendo di vedere se anche la moneta di wirex prenderà il volo oppure restarà come tante monetuccie nel dimenticatoio , resto a guardare , comunque l accordo con mastercard è un buon inizio , vedremo se ci farà diventare entusiasti …

Hi Ali

Thanks for the prompt reply, currently I have no outstanding support tickets but have had a few over the last 2 years, your staff are great and under a huge amount of pressure to your inept in house procedures
The biggest problem is that you are not a bank and have to rely on a partner bank that operates under the antiquated banking hours, when an issue arises the support team have to send an email to the partner bank which does not get replied to until the next working day, then when you reply to the query from the partner bank it takes another 2 days. 4 days for a simple resolution which should take no more than 30 min. You want to be in the crypto sphere, crypto doesn’t sleep yet your restricted by your partner banks antiquated working hours.
IMO this is the elephant in the room, that’s not being addressed

Regards

Chris

1 Like

Thank you very much Chris for elaborating on this. I truly appreciate you sharing that, as this will no doubt be extremely useful. I will be sending both your replies over to the team now. If you need anything or have any other feedback, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

1 Like

Grazie per essere passato e commentare! Sì, è una grande notizia e abbiamo altre cose in serbo. Quindi, tieni d’occhio i nostri canali di social media.

1 Like

Hi. Before this is released I assume the problem with the existing app not accepting payments from bank all of a sudden when it’s been fine for over a year will be fixed first ?

That’s great news…I actually ordered the Visa card last week as Customer Service informed me I need it to be able to withdraw funds to my UK bank account.

1 Like

Great news…kudos to the Wirex team

2 Likes

Congratulations Wirex & team :pray:t5:

1 Like

So does this mean Wirex will be available in Japan soon??

1 Like