Wirex card declined twice but actually paid out

I attempted to use my Wirex GBP debit card today to pay for lunch but it was DECLINED twice so used another (different) card to pay. On getting home I checked the app and I see that the TWO initial attempts actually went through which means I’ve actually paid the bill THREE times! The vendor card machine was on a slow internet connection- perhaps that is the problem??

1 Like

Also happened with me today, twice, with my Wirex EUR debit card, when I tried to make a payment for an online booking. In my case, the hotel was not able to discount the payment, but it was not discounted in my account balance either.

I do not know what’s going on, but something is not right!

0 Likes

I contacted the vendor and they will refund the excess payments to my GBP Wirex card when they check their takings at the end of day. I agree though, this should not happen!
JH

0 Likes

This has happened to me also, but mine was a little different. Buying online it did not clear the secuirty but i was still charged. got my money back 7 days later.

0 Likes

I tried to pay with my plastic card at Sainburys but the transaction was declined straight away.

0 Likes

I try to pay for Flydubai tickets 4 times, but all time my payment was rejected.

1 Like

It’s not the declining that is the main problem as I have other cards BUT it is a problem if the card declined but my account is still debited!!

0 Likes

Actually I now think the error has been corrected but it shows up what I consider to be a design fault on the app. If I look at “activity” then the double payment shows however when I go to my GBP account the double debit has vanished. There doesn’t seem to be any way of obtaining a “proper” account statement which means that checking payments is relatively difficult. I think this will be something that WIREX need to eventually sort out- particularly now that contact with the company seems to be restricted?

0 Likes