Wxt token activation error

Hello. I have been trying to activate wxt token by clicking “activate wxt token” but it indicated error all the time and ask to ask support. Sent for support but no ticket and no reply for over 2 weeks. Went on desktop wirex login and chatted with customer service but they cannot help and ask to wait reply from support via email. So far no reply. How do I solve this? Thanks.

Hi @CryptoPhilic :wave:

I’m assuming you’re trying to activate it from the “WXT” account tab.

There is no way to fix this as it is a bug since WXT was integrated with Wirex X-tras. We shouldn’t see the old WXT account tab (however we can see the history of transactions there, even adding funds, transferring and exchanging).

You should be able to access your WXT account information from X-Tras.

Do not hesitate to visit the help centre to learn more about WXT and X-Tras: https://wirexapp.com/help/category/wirex-x-tras-0022

If there is any activation issue in X-Tras, the support team will respond to you as soon as possible. Also you can share your ticket number here.

Hope you find this information useful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards!

Thank you for the information but indeed I have trouble activating x-tras. It says error when I click activate. Had a chat with Daria on wirex desktop but was told wirex received my request for support. But I never receive email confirming this with support ticket number like previously I receive when I ask for support. Anyway Daria told me my request number is #390208. Would appreciate for anyone who can help me. Thanks :pray:t3:

Hello @CryptoPhilic, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed response.

I have just escalated your request to our Support Team and they will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Best regards!

Hi @Anastasiia_Wirex thanks for your response. I remembered you helped me before in other occasions about wirex. I hope to get a response soon so thar I can activate my wxt.

A question… does the €2000 daily limit and €10,000 monthly limit includes POS of wirex mastercard, cash withdrawals and online purchases in total? Or only applies using wirex mastercard? Thanks for advice :pray:t3:

Dear @CryptoPhilic,

Kindly check the information about Wirex fees and limits on the following link: Multicurrency card fees and rates

There are two different limits - for purchases with your card (ePOS and POS transactions) + ATM withdrawal limit.

Regards!